"YES we play our music LOUD ~ NO we will NOT turn it DOWN!"
M - Peace&Love Wellness Presents: Moments w/ Mimi
TU - TabU Takeover
W - K.O.H.U Presents: Wisdom Wednesdays.
TR - The TabU Files Present: Tough Stuff Thursdays
F - Free Flow Fridays: A mixture of it all! Recap of the week's highlights + announcements.
[Note: All background sounds are provided by a free music library and TalkReal Media reserves all rights to featured content.]
I’ll Take A Water, On The Rocks:
The human body is more than 70 percent water…and more than 70 percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated!
All too many people drink coffee, sodas, tea, artificial juices or “high-energy” drinks to quench their thirst—and suffer the health consequences.
Water is also the number one antidote to wrinkles!
You should drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day. Eight glasses of water is the bare minimum your body needs for basic hydration. But your goal should be to drink 12 to 16 glasses of water a day for optimum health.
Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water; if you feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated.
Water is crucial to our survival; we can survive for more than one month without food, but no more than three days without water.
Drink as much water as you can several times throughout the day. Many people work at computers in today’s world; standing up every one-half hour to chug water gives your eyes and your body a much-needed break. You’ll notice that you’ll need to urinate more frequently, which is completely normal and healthy. Your goal should be to drink so much water that your urine becomes clear by lunchtime. If you dislike having to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, stop drinking one hour before bedtime.
Another way to increase your daily intake of water is to eat water-rich foods—namely raw fruits and vegetables. Delicious examples include apples, peaches, strawberries, grapes, watermelon, sugar snap peas and cucumber. Raw fruits and vegetables also provide vital nutrients; and best of all, they’re portable and require zero cooking! Try to eat one or two juicy raw fruits or vegetables with every meal and snack. If you get bored with drinking water, you can try naturally flavored or sparkling waters.
If you don’t enjoy drinking water or can’t remember to drink enough, try one of these steps to give it a little spike:
1. Add fresh lemon or lime – this is a great way to also detoxify the body.
2. Try other additions like cucumbers to add a refreshing flavor or herbs like peppermint for a cooling, calming effect.
3. Put fruit that’s on its way out to good use. Slice up fruit that is going soft rather than throwing it away. Immerse it in a large pitcher with water and keep in the fridge. The fruit flavors will add a great taste to the water.
4. Try naturally flavored waters like the brand Hint, which is flavored with natural fruit essences. Make sure to avoid artificially sweetened water.
5. Drink herbal teas with hot water. Because they are caffeine-free, they won’t dehydrate you and will add tons of antioxidants to your sipping.
6. Add in sparkling water for a fizzy kick. You can also add fresh orange or lemon slices.
7. Use an eco-friendly water bottle that represents your style.
What's your poison ~ coffee, soda, alcohol? Odds are, we're all partaking in some type of food/beverage that's less than ideal for optimal health... This week, for anything we drink that ISN'T water, -- we must follow it up w/ an 8oz glass. Post your hydration selfies on our social media & let us know if a higher level of H2o intake improves your energy or mood!